- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: BRUCE antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human BRUCE.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 4760 - 4810 of BRUCE.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: BRUCE antibody can be used for detection of BRUCE by immunohistochemistry at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: BRUCE antibody is human specific. Multiple isoforms of BRUCE are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 11-801 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 534 kDa
- PURIFICATION: BRUCE Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: BRUCE Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: BRUCE antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BIRC6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BRUCE Antibody: BRUCE, APOLLON, KIAA1289, Baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 6, BIR repeat-containing ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, BRUCE
- Protein Accession Number: NP_057336
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 153792694
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 57448
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- BRUCE Antibody: Apoptosis, or programmed cell death, is related to many diseases, such as cancer. Apoptosis is triggered by a variety of stimuli including members in the TNF family and can be prevented by the inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) proteins. IAP proteins form a conserved gene family that binds to and inhibits cell death proteases. BRUCE, also known as BIRC6, is an IAP family member protein with a BIR (baculoviral inhibition of apoptosis protein repeat) domain and a UBCc (ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2, catalytic) domain. BRUCE regulates p53 and the mitochondrial pathway of apoptosis by facilitating the degradation of apoptotic proteins such as Caspase-9 and SMAC by ubiquitination.
- 1: Schimmer AD. Inhibitor of apoptosis proteins: translating basic knowledge into clinical practice. Cancer Res. 2004; 64:7183-90.
- 2: Chen Z, Naito M, Hori S, et al. A human IAP-gamily gene, apollon, expressed in human brain cancer cells. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 1999; 264:847-54
- 3: Hao Y, Sekine K, Kawabata A, et al. Apollon ubiquitinates SMAC and Caspase-9, and has an essential cytoprotection function. Nat. Cell Biol. 2004; 6:849-60.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3309
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin