- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Brg1 antibody was raised against a peptide sequence around aa.701~705 (V-D-A-R-H) derived from Human Brg1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot: 1:500~1:1000
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody detects endogenous level of total Brg1 protein.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 185, 200 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies were purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific peptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Antibody supplied in phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store antibody at -20°C for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SMARCA4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BRG1, SNF2, SWI2, MRD16, RTPS2, BAF190, SNF2L4, SNF2LB, hSNF2b, BAF190A, BRG1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001122316.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 192807312
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 6597
- Transcriptional coactivator cooperating with nuclear hormone receptors to potentiate transcriptional activation. Component of the CREST-BRG1 complex, a multiprotein complex that regulates promoter activation by orchestrating a calcium-dependent release of a repressor complex and a recruitment of an activator complex. In resting neurons, transcription of the c-FOS promoter is inhibited by BRG1-dependent recruitment of a phospho-RB1-HDAC repressor complex. Upon calcium influx, RB1 is dephosphorylated by calcineurin, which leads to release of the repressor complex. At the same time, there is increased recruitment of CREBBP to the promoter by a CREST-dependent mechanism, which leads to transcriptional activation. The CREST-BRG1 complex also binds to the NR2B promoter, and activity-dependent induction of NR2B expression involves a release of HDAC1 and recruitment of CREBBP. Belongs to the neural progenitors-specific chromatin remodeling complex (npBAF complex) and the neuron-specific chromatin remodeling complex (nBAF complex). During neural development a switch from a stem/progenitor to a post-mitotic chromatin remodeling mechanism occurs as neurons exit the cell cycle and become committed to their adult state. The transition from proliferating neural stem/progenitor cells to post-mitotic neurons requires a switch in subunit composition of the npBAF and nBAF complexes. As neural progenitors exit mitosis and differentiate into neurons, npBAF complexes which contain ACTL6A/BAF53A and PHF10/BAF45A, are exchanged for homologous alternative ACTL6B/BAF53B and DPF1/BAF45B or DPF3/BAF45C subunits in neuron-specific complexes (nBAF). The npBAF complex is essential for the self-renewal/proliferative capacity of the multipotent neural stem cells. The nBAF complex along with CREST plays a role regulating the activity of genes essential for dendrite growth. SMARCA4/BAF190A may promote neural stem cell self-renewal/proliferation by enhancing Notch-dependent proliferative signals, while concurrently making the neural stem cell insensitive to SHH-dependent differentiating cues. Also involved in vitamin D-coupled transcription regulation via its association with the WINAC complex, a chromatin-remodeling complex recruited by vitamin D receptor (VDR), which is required for the ligand-bound VDR-mediated transrepression of the CYP27B1 gene. Acts as a corepressor of ZEB1 to regulate E-cadherin transcription and is required for induction of epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) by ZEB1.
- 1: Kitagawa H., Fujiki R., Yoshimura K., Mezaki Y., Uematsu Y., Matsui D., Ogawa S., Unno K., Okubo M., Tokita A., Nakagawa T., Ito T., Ishimi Y., Nagasawa H., Matsumoto T., Yanagisawa J., Kato S. Cell 113:905-917 (2003) Park J. I., Venteicher A. S., Hong J. Y., Choi J., Jun S., Shkreli M., Chang W., Meng Z., Cheung P., Ji H., McLaughlin M., Veenstra T. D., Nusse R., McCrea P. D., Artandi S. E. Nature 460:66-72 (2009) Sanchez-Tillo E., Lazaro A., Torrent R., Cuatrecasas M., Vaquero E. C., Castells A., Engel P., Postigo A. Oncogene 29:3490-3500 (2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 79-761
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $330.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.