- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%), Chicken: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: BRCC45 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human BRCC45.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of BRCC45.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: BRCC45 antibody can be used for detection of BRCC45 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: BRCC45 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: BRCC45 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: BRCC45 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BRE
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BRCC45 Antibody: BRCC4, BRCC45, BRCA1-A complex subunit BRE, Brain and reproductive organ-expressed protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004890
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 21361171
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9577
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- BRCC45 Antibody: BRCC45 was initially suggested to be a housekeeping protein that is highly expressed in brain and reproductive organs. Later experiments indicated BRCC45 forms a complex with the breast and ovarian predisposition proteins BRCA1 and BRCA2 as well as RAD51 and BRCC36. This complex has a ubiquitin E3 ligase activity and is thought to enhance cellular survival following DNA damage. BRCC45 has also been suggested to function as a death receptor-associated anti-apoptotic protein by inhibiting the BID-induced activation of the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. Higher levels of BRCC45 were detected in the majority of hepatocellular carcinomas, suggesting that BRCC45 may promote tumorigenesis when overexpressed. At least three isoforms of BRCC45 are known to exist.
- 1: Li L, Yoo H, Beckker FF, et al. Identification of a brain- and reproductive-organs-specific gene responsive to DNA damage and retinoic expression. Biochim. Biophys. Res. Commun.1995; 206:764-74.
- 2: Dong Y, Hakimi MA, Chen X, et al. Regulation of BRCC, a holoenzyme complex containing BRCA1 and BRCA2, by a signalsome-like subunit and its role in DNA repair. Mol. Cell2003; 12:1087-99.
- 3: Li Q, Ching AK, Chan BC, et al. A death receptor-associated anti-apoptotic protein, BRE, inhibits mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. J. Biol. Chem.2004; 279:52106-16.
- 4: Chan BC, Ching AK, To KF, et al. BRE is an antiapoptotic protein in vivo and overexpressed in human hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncogene2007; epub.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4329
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin