- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (85%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Bonzo antibody was raised against a 20 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human Bonzo.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Bonzo.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Bonzo antibody can be used for detection of Bonzo by Western blot at 1:1000 dilution.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1214 - SW1353 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Bonzo Antibody is Antibody is DEAE purified.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Bonzo Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/ml
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Bonzo antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CXCR6
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bonzo Antibody: BONZO, CD186, STRL33, TYMSTR, BONZO, C-X-C chemokine receptor type 6, CDw186, CXC-R6
- Protein Accession Number: AAB64221
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 2253422
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10663
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Bonzo Antibody: Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV) require coreceptors, in addition to CD4, to infect target cells. Some G protein-coupled receptors including CCR5, CXCR4, CCR3, and CCR2b in the chemokine receptor family have been identified as HIV coreceptors. An orphan G protein-coupled receptor was recently cloned and designated Bonzo, STRL33 and TYMSTR, and identified as HIV and SIV coreceptor. Bonzo/STRL33 is used by SIV, HIV-2 and HIV-1. The messenger RNA of Bonzo/STRL33 is expressed in lymphoid tissues and activated peripheral blood lymphocytes.
- 1: Deng HK, Unutmaz D, KewalRamani VN, Littman DR. Expression cloning of new receptors used by simian and human immunodeficiency viruses. Nature 1997;388:296-300
- 2: Liao F, Alkhatib G, Peden KW, Sharma G, Berger EA, Farber JM. STRL33, A novel chemokine receptor-like protein, functions as a fusion cofactor for both macrophage-tropic and T cell line-tropic HIV-1. J Exp Med 1997;185:2015-23
- 3: Alkhatib G, Liao F, Berger EA, Farber JM, Peden KW. A new SIV co-receptor, STRL33. Nature 1997;388:238
- 4: Loetscher M, Amara A, Oberlin E, Brass N, Legler D, Loetscher P, D'Apuzzo M, Meese E, Rousset D, Virelizier JL, Baggiolini M, Arenzana-Seisdedos F, Moser B. TYMSTR, a putative chemokine receptor selectively expressed in activated T cells, exhibits HIV-1 coreceptor function. Curr Biol 1997;7:652-60 (RD1299)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 1170
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin