- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MANVAENSSS DQRQACKKHE LYVSFRDLGW QDWIIAPEGY AAYYCEGECA FPLNSYMNAT NHAIVQTLVH FINPETVPKP CCAPTQLNAI SVLYFDDSSN VILKKYRNMV VRACGCH
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to induce alkaline phosphatase production by ATDC-5 cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.02-0.04 ug/ml.
- PURITY: ≥ 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BMP7
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bone Morphogenetic Protein-7, Osteogenic Protein-1 (OP-1)
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 655
- TGF-β family members are key modulators of cell proliferation, differentiation, matrix synthesis, and apoptosis. As implied by their name, BMPs initiate, promote, and regulate the development, growth, and remodeling of bone and cartilage. In addition to this role, BMPs are also involved in prenatal development and postnatal growth, remodeling, and maintenance of a variety of other tissues and organs. BMP-7, also known as osteogenic protein-1 or OP-1, is a potent bone inducing agent, which in the presence of an appropriate osteoconductive carrier (e.g. collagen sponge or synthetic hydroxyapatite) can be used in the treatment of bone defects. A bone-graft substitute, called OP-1TM implant, made of recombinant human BMP-7 associated with bovine bone-derived collagen, has recently been approved by the FDA as a device for treating critical-size bone fractures. The potential use of BMP-7 in dental reconstructive surgeries is currently under investigation. Recombinant Human BMP-7 is a homodimeric glycoprotein consisting of two 117 amino acid subunits, which correspond to amino acid residues 315 to 431 of the full-length BMP-7 precursor. Recombinant Human BMP-7 has a calculated molecular weight of 26.4 kDa; however, due to glycosylation, the BMP-7 homodimer migrates at an apparent molecular weight of approximately 25-35 kDa by SDS-PAGE analysis under non-reducing conditions.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-642
- Size: 2 ug
- List Price: $185.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.