- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: AANKRKNQNR NKSSSHQDSS RMSSVGDYNT SEQKQACKKH ELYVSFRDLG WQDWIIAPEG YAAFYCDGEC SFPLNAHMNA TNHAIVQTLV HLMFPDHVPK PCCAPTKLNA ISVLYFDDSS NVILKKYRNM VVRSCGCH
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Biological activity was determined by its ability to induce alkaline phosphatase production by ATDC-5 cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 1.0-2.0 μg/mL. Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PURITY: Greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized BMP-5 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted BMP-5 stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing BMP-5 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BMP5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bone morphogenetic protein 5, BMP-5
- Protein Accession Number: NP_066551.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 10835091
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 653
- TGF-β family members are key modulators of cell proliferation, differentiation, matrix synthesis, and apoptosis. As implied by their name, BMPs initiate, promote, and regulate the development, growth and remodeling of bone and cartilage. In addition to this role, BMPs are also involved in prenatal development and postnatal growth, remodeling and maintenance of a variety of other tissues and organs. BMP-5 is expressed in the nervous system, lung and liver. It is a known regulator for dendritic growth in sympathetic neurons. BMP-5 is a 454 amino acid precursor protein that is cleaved to release the biologically active C-terminal mature protein. Recombinant human BMP-5 is a 31.2 kDa homodimeric disulfide-linked protein consisting of two identical 138 amino acid chains.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-541
- Size: 0.002 mg | 0.01 mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805