- SPECIES: Human, Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: QAKHKQRKRL KSSCKRHPLY VDFSDVGWND WIVAPPGYHA FYCHGECPFP LADHLNSTNH AIVQTLVNSV NSKIPKACCV PTELSAISML YLDENEKVVL KNYQDMVVEG CGCR
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to induce alkaline phosphatase production by ATDC-5 cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 40-100 ng/ml.
- PURITY: ≥ 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BMP2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bone Morphogenetic Protein-2, BMP-2A
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 650
- BMPs (Bone Morphogenetic Proteins) belong to the TGF-β superfamily of structurally related signaling proteins. BMP-2 is a potent osteoinductive cytokine, capable of inducing bone and cartilage formation in association with an osteoconductive carrier such as collagen and synthetic hydroxyapatite. In addition to its osteogenic activity, BMP-2 appears to play an important role in cardiac morphogenesis, and is expressed in a variety of other tissues, including lung, liver, spleen, prostate, ovary, and small intestine. The functional form of BMP-2 is a 26 kDa protein composed of two identical 114 amino acid polypeptide chains (monomers) linked by a single disulfide bond. Each BMP-2 monomer is expressed as the C-terminal part of a precursor polypeptide, which also contains a 23 amino acid signal sequence for secretion, and a 259 amino acid propeptide. After dimerization of this precursor, the covalent bonds between the propeptide (which is also a disulfide-linked homodimer) and the mature BMP-2 ligand are cleaved by a furin-type protease. Recombinant Human/Murine/Rat BMP-2 derived from CHO cells is a homodimeric glycoprotein that consists of two 114 amino acid polypeptide chains linked by a single disulfide bond. Due to glycosylation, CHO cell-derived Human/Murine/Rat BMP-2 migrates at an apparent molecular weight of approximately 28-29 kDa by SDS-PAGE analysis under non-reducing conditions.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-640
- Size: 2 ug
- List Price: $185.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805