- SPECIES: Human, Mouse, Rat
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MQAKHKQRKR LKSSCKRHPL YVDFSDVGWN DWIVAPPGYH AFYCHGECPF PLADHLNSTN HAIVQTLVNS VNSKIPKACC VPTELSAISM LYLDENEKVV LKNYQDMVVE GCGCR
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: The ED50 was determined by its ability to induce alkaline phosphatase production by ATDC - 5 cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.5 - 1.0 μg/mL.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized BMP-2 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted BMP-2 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing BMP-2 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BMP2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BDA2, BMP2A, Bone morphogenetic protein 2, Bone morphogenetic protein 2A, BMP-2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001191.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4557369
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 650
- BMPs (Bone Morphogenetic Proteins) belong to the TGF-beta superfamily of structurally related signaling proteins. BMP-2 is a potent osteoinductive cytokine, capable of inducing bone and cartilage formation in association with osteoconductive carriers such as collagen and synthetic hydroxyapatite. In addition to its osteogenic activity, BMP-2 plays an important role in cardiac morphogenesis and is expressed in a variety of tissues including lung, spleen, brain, liver, prostate ovary and small intestine. The functional form of BMP-2 is a 26 kDa protein composed of two identical 114 amino acid polypeptide chains linked by a single disulfide bond. Each BMP-2 monomer is expressed as the C-terminal part of a precursor polypeptide, which also contains a 23 amino acid signal sequence for secretion, and a 259 amino acid propeptide. After dimerization of this precursor, the covalent bonds between the propeptide (which is also a disulfide-linked homodimer) and the mature BMP-2 ligand are cleaved by a furin-type protease. Recombinant human BMP-2 is a 26.0 kDa homodimeric protein consisting of two 115 amino acid polypeptide chains.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-106
- Size: 0.002 mg | 0.01 mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.