- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The extracellular domain of human BMP-2 (aa 289-396) is fused to the N-terminus of the Fc region of a mutant human IgG1.
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Shows the biological function of the BMP-2 moiety and exerts a prolonged circulating half-life caused by the modified Fc domain.
- PURITY: >98% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.06EU/ μg protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS. Reconstitute in 50 μl sterile water. Add 1X PBS to the desired protein concentration.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C. Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BMP2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BMP2, Bone Morphogenetic Protein 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001191
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4557369
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 650
- Bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) is a member of the BMP subgroup of the TGF-beta superfamily. It plays a dominant role in embryonic dorsalventral patterning, organogenesis, limb bud formation and bone formation and regeneration. BMP-2 signals through heterodimeric complexes composed of a type I receptor (Activin RI, BMP-RIA or BMP-RIB) and a type II receptor (BMP-RII or Activin RIIB). BMP-2 induces chondrocyte proliferation, endochondral bone formation, longitudinal bone growth and bone and cartilage repair. It induces ectopic bone formation or calcification by promoting osteogenic and chondrogenic differentiation in mesenchymal cells, stem cells and vascular smooth muscle cells. It also promotes the maintenance and repair of colonic epithelium, suppresses neuronal dopamine synthesis and release, induces apoptosis in medulloblastoma cells and is required for cardiac contractility.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-372
- Size: 50 ug
- List Price: $505.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.