- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse, Chicken, Bovine
- IMMUNOGEN: This BMI1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 257-286 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human BMI1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 37 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BMI1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Polycomb complex protein BMI-1, Polycomb group RING finger protein 4, RING finger protein 51, BMI1, PCGF4, RNF51
- Protein Accession Number: P35226
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 22258801
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 100532731, 648
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- BMI is a component of the Polycomb group (PcG) multiprotein PRC1 complex, a complex required to maintain the transcriptionally repressive state of many genes, including Hox genes, throughout development. PcG PRC1 complex acts via chromatin remodeling and modification of histones; it mediates monoubiquitination of histone H2A 'Lys-119', rendering chromatin heritably changed in its expressibility. In the PRC1 complex, it is required to stimulate the E3 ubiquitin ligase activity of RNF2/RING2. BMI cooperates with the MYC oncogene to produce B-lymphomas.
- 1: Smith, K.S., et al., Mol. Cell 12(2):393-400 (2003). Xia, Z.B., et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 100(14):8342-8347 (2003). Itahana, K., et al., Mol. Cell. Biol. 23(1):389-401 (2003). Dimri, G.P., et al., Cancer Res. 62(16):4736-4745 (2002). Bardos, J.I., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 275(37):28785-28792 (2000).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 61-406
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.