- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Blimp-1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human Blimp-1.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Blimp-1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Blimp-1 antibody can be used for detection of Blimp-1 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunoflourescence starting at 20 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1203 - A549 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Blimp-1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Blimp-1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Blimp-1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: PRDM1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Blimp-1 Antibody: BLIMP1, PRDI-BF1, BLIMP1, PR domain zinc finger protein 1, BLIMP-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001189
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 172072684
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 639
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Blimp-1 Antibody: Blimp-1 was initially identified as a zinc finger-containing protein that drives the maturation of B lymphocytes into immunoglobulin-secreting cells. Together with X-box-binding protein 1 (XBP1), Blimp-1 is induced upon terminal differentiation of plasma cells. The transcriptional repressor activity of Blimp-1 has also been found to regulate T cell homeostasis and function, possibly by suppressing the expression of the cytokines IL-2 and interferon-gamma during T cell development. More recent experiments have suggested that Blimp-1 also plays a major role in the formation of primordial germ cells (PGC) in developing mammalian embryos. In these experiments, Blimp-1-deficient mutant mouse embryos form a cluster of PGC-like cells which fail to show the expected migration, proliferation, and repression of homeobox genes that normally accompany specification of primordial germ cells.
- 1: Turner CAJ, Mack DH, and Davis MM. Blimp-1, a novel zinc finger-containing protein that can drive the maturation of B-lymphocytes into immunoglobulin-secreting cells. Cell 1994; 77:297-306.
- 2: Angelin-Duclos C, Cattoretti G, Lin K-I, et al. Commitment of B lymphocytes to a plasma cell fate is associated with Blimp-1 expression. J. Immunol. 2000; 165:5462-71.
- 3: Reimold AM, Iwakoshi NN, Manis J, et al. Plasma cell differentiation requires the transcription factor XBP-1. Nature 2001; 412:300-7.
- 4: Martins GA, Cimmino L, Shapiro-Shelef M, et al. Transcriptional repressor Blimp-1 regulates T cell homeostasis and function. Nature Immunol. 2006; 7:457-65.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3989
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin