- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (100%), Chicken: (100%), Bovine: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: BIF antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human BIF.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Bif.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: BIF antibody can be used for the detection of BIF by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunocytochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: Bif Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Bif Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Bif antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SH3GLB1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bif Antibody: Bif-1, CGI-61, PPP1R70, dJ612B15.2, KIAA0491, Endophilin-B1, Bax-interacting factor 1, Bif-1
- Protein Accession Number: AAK27365
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 13469879
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 51100
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Bif Antibody: Apoptosis plays a major role in normal organism development, tissue homeostasis, and removal of damaged cells and is caused by the activation of proteolytic enzymes termed caspases. Proteins that comprise the Bcl-2 family such as Bax appear to control the activation of these enzymes. Bax activity was found to be regulated by its association with Bax-interacting factor 1 (BIF), a member of the endophilin B family that is associated with intracellular membranes. Following this interaction, Bax undergoes a conformational change and translocates to mitochondrial membranes. The Bax/BIF interaction appears to be enhanced by apoptotic stimuli, suggesting that BIF acts as the trigger to activate Bax, and as suppression of BIF promoted HeLa cell colony formation in soft agar, it may have a role in the suppression of cancer progression. At least two isoforms of BIF are known to exist.
- 1: Lockshin RA, Osborne B, and Zakeri Z. Cell death in the third millennium. Cell Death Differ. 2000; 7:2-7.
- 2: Oltvai ZN, Milliman CL, and Korsmeyer SJ. Bcl-2 heterodimerizes in vivo with a conserved homolog, Bax, that accelerates programmed cell death. Cell 1993; 74:609-19.
- 3: Cuddeback SM, Yamaguchi H, Komatsu K, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of bif-1. J. Biol. Chem.2001; 276:20559-65.
- 4: Takahashi Y, Karbowski M, Yamaguchi H, et al. Loss of Bif-1 suppresses Bax/Bak conformational change and mitochondrial apoptosis. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2005; 25:9369-82.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3817
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin