- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Bid antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the middle of human Bid.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 100 - 150 of Bid.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Bid antibody can be used for detection of Bid by Western blot at 0.5 to 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1203 - A549 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: Bid Antibody is Ion exchange chromatography purified.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Bid Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Bid antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BID
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bid Antibody: FP497, BH3-interacting domain death agonist, p22 BID, BID
- Protein Accession Number: AAH36364
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 54673639
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 637
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Bid Antibody: Apoptosis plays a major role in normal organism development, tissue homeostasis, and removal of damaged cells. Disruption of this process has been implicated in a variety of diseases such as cancer. The Bcl-2 family of proteins is comprised of critical regulators of apoptosis that can be divided into two classes: those that inhibit apoptosis and those that promote cell death. Bid, a pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family member, is cleaved by caspase-8 in response to apoptotic signals, exposing the Bcl-2 homology 3 (BH3) domain which is normally buried in the full-length protein. The cleaved complex is myris-toylated and translocated to the mitochondrial membrane where it may induce mitochondrial Bax and Bak to oligomerize.
- 1: Lockshin RA, Osborne B, and Zakeri Z. Cell death in the third millennium. Cell Death Differ. 2000; 7:2-7.
- 2: Cory S, Huang DCS, and Adams JM. The Bcl-2 family: roles in cell survival and oncogenesis. Oncogene 2003; 22:8590-607.
- 3: Heiser D, Labi V, Erlacher M, et al. The Bcl-2 protein family and its role in the development of neoplastic disease. Exp. Geron. 2004; 39:1125-35.
- 4: Wang K, Yin XM, Chao DT, et al. BID: a novel BH3 domain-only death agonist. Genes Dev. 1996; 10:2859-69.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3355
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.