- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: BICD2 antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human BICD2.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of BICD2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: BICD2 antibody can be used for detection of BICD2 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: This BICD2 antibody will not cross-react with BICD1.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1203 - A549 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: BICD2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: BICD2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: BICD2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BICD2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BICD2 Antibody: SMALED2, bA526D8.1, KIAA0699, Protein bicaudal D homolog 2, Bic-D 2
- Protein Accession Number: CAI41013
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 57208854
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23299
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- BICD2 Antibody: BICD2 is the second human homolog discovered to the Drosophila Bicaudal-D protein that forms part of the cytoskeleton and mediates the correct sorting of mRNAs for oocyte- and axis-determining factors during oogenesis. Similar to the highly homologous protein BICD1, BICD2 can bind to dynein-dynactin complex, primarily through the dynamitin subunit of dynactin. The C-terminus of BICD2 targets the protein to the Golgi complex while the N-terminal domain of BICD2 co-immunoprecipitates with cytoplasmic dynein, suggesting BICD2 plays a role in the dynein-dynactin interaction on the surface of membranous organelles. Mice engineered to overexpress the BICD2 amino terminal domain in neurons developed amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)-like features such as Golgi fragmentation, neurofilament swelling in proximal axons, etc., suggesting that impaired dynein/dynactin function may explain some of the pathological features observed in ALS patients.
- 1: Holland PM, Milne A, Garka K, et al. Purification, cloning, and characterization of Nek8, a novel NIMA-related kinase, and its candidate substrate Bicd2. J. Biol. Chem.2002; 277:16229-40.
- 2: Hoogenraad CC, Akhmanova A, Howell SA, et al. Mammalian golgi-associated Bicaudal-D2 functions in the dynein-dynactin pathway by interacting with these complexes. EMBO J.2001; 4041-54.
- 3: Teuling E, van Dis V, Wulf PS, et al. A novel mouse model with impaired dynein/dynactin function develops amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)-like features in motor neurons and improves lifespan in SOD1-ALS mice. Hum. Mol. Genet.2008; 17:2849-62.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4675
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin