- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (87%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Bfl-1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human Bfl-1.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of Bfl-1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Bfl-1 antibody can be used for the detection of Bfl-1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of Bfl-1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1305 - Human Kidney Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 18, 19 kDa
Observed: 22 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Bfl-1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Bfl-1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Bfl-1 antibody can be stored at 4°C up to one year. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BCL2A1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bfl-1 Antibody: GRS, BFL1, ACC-1, ACC-2, HBPA1, BCL2L5, GRS, Bcl-2-related protein A1, Bcl-2-like protein 5, Bcl2-L-5
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004040
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4757840
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 597
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Bfl-1 Antibody: Apoptosis plays a major role in normal organism development, tissue homeostasis, and removal of damaged cells and is caused by caspase activation. Proteins that comprise the Bcl-2 family appear to control the activation of these enzymes. One such member is multi-domain antiapoptotic protein Bfl-1, which is overexpressed in stomach and other cancers. Bfl-1 can interact with Bax and suppress apoptosis by inhibiting the release of cytochrome c and caspase-3 activation. It is upregulated in cisplatin-resistant human bladder tumors, suggesting that its expression may be important for cisplatin resistance and inhibition of apoptosis in cancer cells. At least two isoforms of Bfl-1 are known to exist.
- 1: Lockshin RA, Osborne B, and Zakeri Z. Cell death in the third millennium. Cell Death Differ. 2000; 7:2-7.
- 2: Choi SS, Park IC, Yun JW, et al. A novel Bcl-2 related gene, Bfl-1, is overexpressed in stomach cancer and preferentially expressed in bone marrow. Oncogene 1995; 11:1693-8.
- 3: Kim JK, Kim KD, Lee E, et al. Up-regulation of Bfl-1/A1 via NF-κB activation in cisplatin-resistant human bladder cancer cell line. Cancer Lett. 2004; 212:61-70.
- 4: Zhang H, Cowan-Jacob SW, Simonen M, et al. Structural basis of BFL-1 for its interaction with BAX and its anti-apoptotic action in mammalian and yeast cells. J. Biol. Chem.2000; 275:11092-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3875
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin