- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: BFAR antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human BFAR.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 300 - 350 of BFAR.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: BFAR antibody can be used for detection of BFAR by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1305 - Human Kidney Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: BFAR Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: BFAR Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: BFAR antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BFAR
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BFAR Antibody: BAR, RNF47, BAR, Bifunctional apoptosis regulator, RING finger protein 47
- Protein Accession Number: NP_057645
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 7706091
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 51283
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- BFAR Antibody: The bifunctional apoptosis inhibitor (BFAR) is scaffold protein that integrates signaling components of the cells apoptosis-regulatory machinery. BFAR is a multidomain protein capable of inhibiting apoptosis induced by TNF-family death receptors ('extrinsic pathway') as well as mitochondria-dependent apoptosis ('intrinsic pathway'). Interaction of BFAR with Bcl-2 or Bcl-XL via a SAM domain may contribute to the anti-apoptotic properties of BFAR. In addition, BFAR contains a DED-like domain that is capable of suppressing apoptosis mediated at the receptor level. BFAR is also thought to be involved in the regulation of neuronal survival.
- 1: Zhang H, Xu Q, Krajewski S, et al. BAR: an apoptosis regulator at the intersection of caspases and Bcl-2 family proteins. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA2000; 97:2597-602.
- 2: Roth W, Kermer P, Krajewska M, et al. Bifunctional apoptosis inhibitor (BAR) protects neurons from diverse cell death pathways. Cell Death Differ. 2003; 10: 1178-87.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5591
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin