- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Mouse betatrophin (22-198) is fused at the C-terminus to the Fc portion of human IgG1.
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- PURITY: >90% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1EU/ μg purified protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Contains PBS + 0.02% CHAPS. Reconstitute with 100 μl sterile water.
- CONCENTRATION: 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 6 months after receipt when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Angptl8
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Angiopoietin-like Protein 8, ANGPTL8, Lipasin, Refeeding-induced Fat and Liver Protein, RIFL
- Protein Accession Number: Q8R1L8
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 172045807
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 624219
- Betatrophin (RIFL; Lipasin; Angiopoietin-like protein 8 (ANGPTL8)) is a newly discovered secreted protein of 198 aa that was proposed to promote beta cell proliferation and improve glucose tolerance in mice. Betatrophin may also function in inhibition of lipase activity and on serum triglyceride regulation. Betatrophin is expressed in the liver and in white and brown adipose tissue of mice. In humans, betatrophin is found to be predominantly expressed in the liver. Betatrophin levels are reduced by fasting and are elevated upon insulin resistance and during pregnancy. Betatrophin, according to preliminary data could bind to the macrophage receptor Marco and also to RTN4R, a neuronal receptor. Recently, a study using ANGPTL8 KO mice showed that ANGPTL8/Betatrophin does not play a role in beta cell proliferation nor in glycemic control as previously thought, but regulates plasma triglyceride levels.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-322
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $470.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.