- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: Human Cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Leu24-Val677
- FUSION TAG: C-6 His tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 74.63 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied as a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM TrisHCl, 150mM NaCl, pH 8.0. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C, stable for 6 months after receipt.
Please aliquot the reconstituted solution to minimize freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: GLB1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Beta-Galactosidase, Acid Beta-Galactosidase, Lactase, Elastin Receptor 1, GLB1, ELNR1
- Protein Accession Number: P16278
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2720
- beta Galactosidase is a lysosomal beta Galactosidase that hydrolyzes the terminal beta Galactose from Ganglioside and Keratan sulfate. In lysosome, the mature beta Galactosidase protein associates with Cathepsin A and Neuraminidase 1 to form the lysosomal multienzyme complex . An alternative splicing at the RNA level of beta Galactosidase results a catalytically inactive beta Galactosidase that plays an important role in vascular development. Defects of beta -galactosidase (GLB1) are the cause of diseases like GM1-gangliosidosis which is a lysosomal storage disease and Morquio Syndrome B that cause patients to have abnormal elastic fibers. More than 100 mutations have been identified for beta Galactosidase, which result in different residual activities of the mutant enzymes and a spectrum of symptoms in the two related diseases.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-428
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin