- HOST SPECIES: Chicken
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bacteria
- IMMUNOGEN: beta-gal antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of E. coli beta-gal.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 20 - 70 of beta-Galactosidase.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: beta-gal antibody can be used for detection of beta-gal by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
- PURIFICATION: beta-Galactosidase Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgY
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: beta-Galactosidase Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: beta-Galactosidase antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: lacZ
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: beta-Galactosidase Antibody: Beta-galactosidase, Lactase, Beta-gal
- Protein Accession Number: NP_752394
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 26246355
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1036228
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- beta-Galactosidase Antibody: Beta-galactosidase (beta-gal), an inducible enzyme that catalyses the hydrolysis of lactose and other beta-galactosides into monosaccharides, is a product of the LacZ operon, and is a homo-tetrameric protein consisting of four identical subunits of approximately 114 kDa each. The enzyme is commonly used as a reporter gene in molecular biology to assess the efficiency of transfection.
- 1: Matthews BW. The structure of E. coli beta-galactosidase. C. R. Biol.2005; 328:549-56.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5155
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805