- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Gly22-Lys68
- FUSION TAG: Tag Free
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for biological assays. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 5.07 kD
- PURITY: Greater than 95% as determined by reducing SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level less than 0.1 ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) as determined by LAL test.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from a 0.2 um filtered solution of 20mM PB, 130mM NaCl, pH 7.4. It is not recommended to reconstitute to a concentration less than 100 ug/ml. Dissolve the lyophilized protein in ddH2O.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized protein should be stored at -20°C, though stable at room temperature for 3 weeks.
Reconstituted protein solution can be stored at 4-7°C for 2-7 days.
Aliquots of reconstituted samples are stable at -20°C for 3 months.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DEFB1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Beta-Defensin 1, BD-1, hBD-1, Defensin Beta 1, DEFB1, BD1, HBD1
- Protein Accession Number: P60022
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1672
- beta -Defensin 1 (DEFB1) is a member of the beta -defensin family, which is highly expressed by epithelial cells. beta -defensins are expressed as the C-terminal portion of precursors and are released by proteolytic cleavage of a signal peptide. beta -defensins contain a six-cysteine motif that forms three intra-molecular disulfide bonds. beta -defensin 1 is an antimicrobial peptide implicated in the resistance of epithelial surfaces to microbial colonization. Defects in beta -Defensin-1 contribute to asthma diagnosis, with apparent gender-specific effects in human. beta -defensin 1 may also play a role in the pathogenesis of severe sepsis. In addition, beta -defensin 1 is associated with induction profiles in gingival keratinocytes.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 91-108
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $455.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.