- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Sheep: (100%), Rabbit: (100%), Pig: (100%), Horse: (100%), Chicken: (100%), Guinea pig: (100%), Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Beta-actin antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human Beta-actin.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of Beta-actin.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Beta-actin antibody can be used for the detection of Beta-actin by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 41 kDa
Observed: 41 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Beta-actin Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Beta-actin Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Beta-actin antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ACTB
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Beta-actin Antibody: BRWS1, PS1TP5BP1, Actin, cytoplasmic 1, Beta-actin,b-actin
- Protein Accession Number: AAH02409
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 12803203
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 60
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Beta-actin Antibody: Actins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in cell motility, structure and integrity, processes that are crucial for tissue development and the development of organism. The actin cytoskeleton is one of the principal drivers of cell motility and is capable of responding to complex signaling cascades. Recent evidence suggests that it may play key roles in regulating apoptosis and aging. Beta actin is one of six different actin isoforms which have been identified. Like GAPDH, beta-actin is constitutively expressed at high levels in almost all tissues and cell lines making it ideal for use as a loading control marker in immunoblots.
- 1: Lambrechts A, Van Troys, M and Ampe C. The actin cytoskeleton in normal and pathological cell motility. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 2004; 36:1890-909.
- 2: Gourlay CW and Ayscough KR. The actin cytoskeleton: a key regulator of apoptosis and ageing. Nat. Rev. 2005; 6:583-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3777
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin