- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Chicken, Drosophila, Human, Mouse, Rabbit, Rat, Zebrafish
- IMMUNOGEN: b-actin antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human b-actin.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: b-actin antibody can be used for the detection of b-actin by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse, and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: beta-Actin antibody is human, mouse, rat, rabbit, chicken, zebrafish and drosophila reactive.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 42 kDa
Observed: 44 kDa
- PURIFICATION: beta-Actin Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: beta-Actin Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: beta-Actin antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ACTB
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: beta-Actin Antibody: Beta actin, b actin
- Protein Accession Number: AAH02409
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 12803203
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 60
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Actins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in cell motility, structure and integrity, processes that are crucial for tissue development and the development of organism. The actin cytoskeleton is one of the principal drivers of cell motility and is capable of responding to complex signaling cascades. Recent evidence suggests that it may play key roles in regulating apoptosis and aging. Beta actin is one of six different actin isoforms which have been identified. Like GAPDH, beta-Actin is constitutively expressed at high levels in almost all tissues and cell lines making it ideal for use as a loading control marker in immunoblots.
- 1: Lambrechts A, Van Troys, M and Ampe C. The actin cytoskeleton in normal and pathological cell motility. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 2004; 36:1890-909.
- 2: Gourlay CW and Ayscough KR. The actin cytoskeleton: a key regulator of apoptosis and ageing. Nat. Rev. 2005; 6:583-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7547
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805