- SPECIES: Cynomolgus monkey
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ile 21 - Met 119
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 12.5 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: B2M
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: B2M
- Protein Accession Number: Q6V7J5
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 712428
- β2 microglobulin is also known as Beta-2-microglobulin (B2M), is a component of MHC class I molecules which belongs to the beta-2-microglobulin family. B2M is present on all nucleated cells (excludes red blood cells). B2M associates not only with the alpha chain of MHC class I molecules, but also with class I-like molecules such as CD1 and Qa. An additional function of B2M is association with the HFE protein, together regulating the expression of hepcidin in the liver which targets the iron transporter ferroportin on the cytoplasmic membrane of enterocytes and macrophages for degradation resulting in decreased iron uptake from food and iron release from recycled red blood cells respectively. Loss of this function causes iron excess and hemochromatosis. Defects in B2M are the cause of hypercatabolic hypoproteinemia (HYCATHYP).
- 1: Güssow D., et al., 1987, J. Immunol. 139 (9): 3132–8.
- 2: Gorevic P.D., et al., 1986, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 83:7908-7912.
- 3: Argiles A., et al., 1992, Nephrol. Dial. Transplant. 7:1106-1110.
- 4: Momoi T., et al., 1995, Clin. Chim. Acta 236:135-144.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-039
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $405.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805