- SPECIES: Human, Mouse, Rat
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: MHSDPARRGE LSVCDSISEW VTAADKKTAV DMSGGTVTVL EKVPVSKGQL KQYFYETKCN PMGYTKEGCR GIDKRHWNSQ CRTTQSYVRA LTMDSKKRIG WRFIRIDTSC VCTLTIKRGR
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to bind recombinant human TrkB Fc Chimera in a functional ELISA.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized BDNF recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted BDNF is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing BDNF recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BDNF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ANON2, BULN2, Brain-derived neurotrophic factor, Abrineurin, BDNF
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001137277.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 219842288
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 627
- BDNF is a member of the NGF family of neurotrophic growth factors. Like other members of this family, BDNF supports neuron proliferation and survival. BDNF can bind to a low affinity cell surface receptor called LNGFR, which also binds other neurotrophins such as NGF, NT-3 and NT-4. However, BDNF mediates its neurotrophic properties by signaling through a high affinity cell surface receptor called gp145/trkB. BDNF is expressed as the C-terminal portion of a 247 amino acid polypeptide precursor, which also contains a signal sequence of 18 amino acid residue and a propeptide of 110 amino acid residues. Recombinant human BDNF is a 27.0 kDa homodimer of two 119 amino acid subunits linked by strong non-covalent interactions. Human and Mouse BDNF sequences are identical.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-496
- Size: 0.002 mg | 0.01 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.