- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of rabbits pre-immunized with highly pure (>98%) recombinant hBDNF (human BDNF).
- CONJUGATE: Biotin
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA:
To detect hBDNF by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 μg/mL. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hBDNF is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- PURIFICATION: Anti-hBDNF specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and then biotinylated.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: BDNF antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BDNF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ANON2, BULN2Brain-derived neurotrophic factor, Abrineurin, BDNF
- Protein Accession Number: P23560
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 114900
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 627
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- Brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) is a member of the neurotrophin family of growth factors that includes NGF, NT3, and NT4. All neurotrophins have six conserved cysteine residues and share a 55% sequence identity at the amino acid level. BDNF is a potent neurotrophic factor that supports the growth and survivability of nerve and/or glial cells. BDNF has been shown to enhance the survival and differentiation of several classes of neurons in vitro, including neural crest and placode derived sensory neurons, dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra, basal forebrain cholinergic neurons, hippocampal neurons, and retinal ganglial cells. BDNF is expressed within peripheral ganglia and is not restricted to neuronal target fields, raising the possibility that BDNF has paracrine or even autocrine actions on neurons as well as non neuronal cells. Expression of BDNF is reduced in both Alzheimer's and Huntington disease patients. In addition, functional studies showed that age-associated changes in BDNF-mediated pathways can enhance inflammation and increase myocardial injury after myocardial infarction in the aging heart.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XP-5108Bt
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $365.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.