- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Produced from sera of rabbits pre-immunized with highly pure (>98%) recombinant hBD-5. Anti-Human BD-5 specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and then biotinylated.
- CONJUGATE: Biotin
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Sandwich ELISA: To detect hBD-5 by sandwich ELISA (using 100 μl/well antibody solution) a concentration of 0.25 – 1.0 μg/ml of this antibody is required. This biotinylated polyclonal antibody, in conjunction with ProSci’s Polyclonal Anti-Human BD-5 as a capture antibody, allows the detection of at least 0.2 – 0.4 ng/well of recombinant hBD-5.
To detect hBD-5 by Western Blot analysis this antibody can be used at a concentration of 0.1 - 0.2 ug/ml. Used in conjunction with compatible secondary reagents the detection limit for recombinant hBD-5 is 1.5 - 3.0 ng/lane, under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
- PURIFICATION: BD-5 specific antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and then biotinylated
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Antibody is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. The reconstituted antibody is stable for at least two weeks at 2-8°C. Frozen aliquots are stable for at least 6 months when stored at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DEFB105A
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BD5, DEFB5, DEFB105a, Beta-Defensin 5
- Protein Accession Number: Q8NG35
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: Q8NG35.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 245908
- USER NOTE: Centrifuge vial prior to opening.
- Defensins (alpha and beta) are cationic peptides with a broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity that comprise an important arm of the innate immune system. The alpha-defensins are distinguished from the beta-defensins by the pairing of their three disulfide bonds. To date, six humanbeta-defensins have been identified; BD-1, BD-2, BD-3, BD-4, BD-5 and BD-6. beta-defensins are expressed on some leukocytes and at epithelial surfaces. In addition to their direct antimicrobial activities, they can act as chemoattractants towards immature dendritic cells and memory T cells. Thebeta-defensin proteins are expressed as the C-terminal portion of precursors, and are released by proteolytic cleavage of a signal sequence and, in some cases, a propeptide sequence. beta-defensins contain a six-cysteine motif that forms three intra-molecular disulfide bonds. Recombinant Human BD-5 is a 5.8 kDa protein containing 51 amino acid residues
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 38-371
- Size: 0.025 mg
- List Price: $350.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.