- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: GNFLTGLGHR SDHYNCVSSG GQCLYSACPI FTKIQGTCYR GKAKCCK
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to chemoattract CD34+ dendritic cells using a concentration range of 100.0 - 1000.0 ng/mL.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized BD-1 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted BD-1 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing BD-1 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: DEFB1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BD1, HBD1, DEFB-1, DEFB101, BD1, Beta-defensin 1, Defensin, beta 1, BD-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_005209.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4885181
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 1672
- Defensins (alpha and beta) are cationic peptides with a broad spectrum of antimicrobial activity that comprise an important arm of the innate immune system. The α-defensins are distinguished from the β-defensins by the pairing of their three disulfide bonds. To date, four human β-defensins have been identified; BD-1, BD-2, BD-3 and BD-4. β-defensins are expressed on some leukocytes and at epithelial surfaces. In addition to their direct antimicrobial activities, they are chemoattractant towards immature dendritic cells and memory T cells. The β-defensin proteins are expressed as the C-terminal portion of precursors and are released by proteolytic cleavage of a signal sequence and, in the case of BD-1 (36 a.a.), a propeptide region. β-defensins contain a six-cysteine motif that forms three intra-molecular disulfide bonds. β-Defensins are 3-5 kDa peptides ranging in size from 33-47 amino acid residues. Recombinant Human BD-1 is a 5.0 kDa protein containing 47 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-133
- Size: 0.005 mg | 0.02 mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.