- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Met 1 - Arg 212
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 24.6 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by its binding ability in a functional ELISA. Immobilized human BID protein at 10μg/ml (100μl/well) can bind biotinylated human BCL2L1 protein, The EC50 of biotinylated human BCL2L1 is 6. 5 ng/mL.
- PURITY: >92% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 20mM HEPES, 50mM KCl, pH 7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BCL2L1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BCL2L1, Bcl-XL, Bcl2-L-1, BCL-XL/S, BCL2L, BCLX, BCLXL, BCLXS, Bcl-X, bcl-xS
- Protein Accession Number: AAH19307
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 598
- Bcl-2-like protein 1 (BCL2L1), is also known as Apoptosis regulator Bcl-X (Bcl-XL). BCL2L1 / Bcl-XL is a homodimer protein and belongs to the Bcl-2 family. BCL2L1 is expressed at high levels in cells that undergo a high rate of turnover, such as developing lymphocytes. BCL2L1 is a potent inhibitor of cell death. BCL2L1 Inhibits activation of caspases. BCL2L1 appears to regulate cell death by blocking the voltage-dependent anion channel (VDAC) by binding to it and preventing the release of the caspase activator, CYC1, from the mitochondrial membrane. BCL2L1 / Bcl-XL also acts as a regulator of G2 checkpoint and progression to cytokinesis during mitosis.
- 1: Terrano D.T., et al., 2010, Mol. Cell. Biol. 30:640-656.
- 2: Wang J., et al., 2011, Cell. Signal. 23:2030-2038.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-056
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805