- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Bcl-rambo antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human Bcl-rambo.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 280 - 330 of Bcl-rambo.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Bcl-rambo antibody can be used for the detection of Bcl-rambo by Western blot at 2 and 4 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1301 - Human Heart Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-501 - Human Heart Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: Bcl-rambo Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Bcl-rambo Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Bcl-rambo antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BCL2L13
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bcl-rambo Antibody: MIL1, BCL-RAMBO, Bcl2-L-13, MIL1, CD003, Bcl-2-like protein 13, Bcl-rambo
- Protein Accession Number: AAH07658
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 14043326
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23786
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Bcl-rambo Antibody: Apoptosis plays a major role in normal organism development, tissue homeostasis, and removal of damaged cells. Disruption of this process has been implicated in a variety of diseases such as cancer. Members of the Bcl-2 family are known to be critical regulators of this process. These proteins are characterized by the presence of several conserved motifs termed Bcl-2 homology (BH) domains. A novel, widely expressed member termed Bcl-rambo was recently identified. This protein is localized to mitochondria in mammalian cells and its overexpression induces apoptosis which could be blocked by co-expression of inhibitor of apoptosis proteins (IAPs) such as XIAP, cIAP1, and cIAP2. Bcl-rambo shows overall homology to the anti-apoptotic members containing BH motifs, but unlike Bcl-2, the C-terminal membrane anchor of Bcl-rambo is preceded by a unique 250 amino acid insertion. This region by itself can induce apoptosis more efficiently than the Bcl-2 homology regions, suggesting that Bcl-rambo may be important other pro-apoptotic pathways.
- 1: Lockshin RA, Osborne B, and Zakeri Z. Cell death in the third millennium. Cell Death Differ. 2000; 7:2-7.
- 2: Cory S, Huang DCS, and Adams JM. The Bcl-2 family: roles in cell survival and oncogenesis. Oncogene 2003; 22:8590-607.
- 3: Heiser D, Labi V, Erlacher M, et al. The Bcl-2 protein family and its role in the development of neoplastic disease. Exp. Geron. 2004; 39:1125-35.
- 4: Kataoka T, Holler N, Michau O, et al. Bcl-rambo, a novel Bcl-2 homologue that induces apoptosis via its unique C-terminal extension. J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276:19548-54.,
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3023
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.