- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Bcl-B antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human Bcl-B.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 90 - 140 of Bcl-B.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Bcl-B antibody can be used for the detection of Bcl-B by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Despite its predicted molecular weight, Bcl-B is often at higher molecular weights, presumably due to post-translational modifications. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunocytochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-005 - Jurkat Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 22 kDa
Observed: 26 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Bcl-B Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Bcl-B Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Bcl-B antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BCL2L10
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bcl-B Antibody: Boo, Diva, BCL-B, BCLB, Bcl-2-like protein 10, Anti-apoptotic protein NrH, Bcl2-L-10
- Protein Accession Number: NP_065129
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 9966783
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10017
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Bcl-B Antibody: Members in the Bcl-2 family are critical regulators of apoptosis by either inhibiting or promoting cell death. Bcl-B is a recently discovered anti-apoptotic member of the Bcl-2. Unlike the mouse homolog (also known as Diva/Boo) which is predominantly expressed in ovary and testis, the human Bcl-B protein is widely expressed. Also, the human Bcl-B functions by binding to and suppressing the apoptotic activity of Bax, whereas the mouse homolog binds Bak and also interacts with the apoptosis protein Apaf-1.
- 1: Cory S, Huang DCS, and Adams JM. The Bcl-2 family: roles in cell survival and oncogenesis. Oncogene 2003; 22:8590-607
- 2: Heiser D, Labi V, Erlacher M, et al. The Bcl-2 protein family and its role in the development of neoplastic disease. Exp. Geron. 2004; 39:1125-35.
- 3: Ke N, Godzik A, and Reed JC. Bcl-B: A novel Bcl-2 family member that differentially binds and regulates Bax and Bak. J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276:12481-4.
- 4: Song Q, Kuang Y, Dixit VM, et al. Boo, a negative regulator of cell death, interacts with Apaf-1. EMBO J. 1999; 18:167-78.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3163
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin