- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%), Rat: (93%), Chicken: (86%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-Bcl-2 antibody (3337) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 14 amino acids near the center of human Bcl-2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 80-130 of Bcl-2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1-4μg/mL; ICC: 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1208 - THP-1 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 26kD
Observed: 26 kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar Bcl-2 expression profile in human and mouse cell lines detected by two independent anti-Bcl-2 antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 3335 against N-terminus domain and 3337 against central domain. Bcl-2 proteins are detected in several tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
- ISOFORMS: Human Bcl-2 has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (239aa, 26kD), and isoform 2 (205aa, 22kD). Mouse Bcl-2 has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (236aa, 26kD), and isoform 2 (199aa, 22kD). Rat Bcl-2 has one isoform (236aa, 27kD). 3337 can detect all isoforms of human, mouse and rat
- PURIFICATION: Bcl-2 Antibody is Ion exchange chromatography purified.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Bcl-2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Bcl-2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BCL2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bcl-2 Antibody: Bcl-2, PPP1R50, Apoptosis regulator Bcl-2
- Protein Accession Number: AAH27258
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 20072668
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 596
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Bcl-2 Antibody: Apoptosis plays a major role in normal organism development, tissue homeostasis, and removal of damaged cells. Disruption of this process has been implicated in a variety of diseases such as cancer. Bcl-2 is the founding member of a family of over 20 proteins that are critical regulators of apoptosis. These can be divided into two classes: those that inhibit apoptosis and those that promote cell death. Bcl-2 is an inner mitochondrial membrane protein that inhibits apoptosis. It is thought to act by interacting with pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family members such as Bak and Bad. Overexpression of Bcl-2 has been linked to human cancers such as B-cell lymphoma and prostate cancer.
- 1: Lockshin et al. Cell Death Differ. 2000; 7:2-7.
- 2: Cory et al. Oncogene 2003; 22:8590-607.
- 3: Heiser et al. Exp. Geron. 2004; 39:1125-35.
- 4: Hockenbery et al. Nature 1990; 348:334-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3337
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin