- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Amino acids GAAPAPGIFSSQPG (41-54) of the human protein were used as the immunogen for this Bcl-2 antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, Flow, IF, IHC, IP, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ELISA: order BSA-free format for coating
Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells
IF: 1-2 ug/ml
WB: 0.5-1 ug/ml
IP: 1-2ug/0.5mg lysate
IHC (FFPE): 0.5-1 ug/ml for 30 minutes at RT (1)
Prediluted format : incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The concentration stated for each application is a general starting point. Variations in protocols, secondaries and substrates may require the Bcl-2 antibody to be titered up or down for optimal performance.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues is enhanced by boiling tissue sections in 1mM EDTA Buffer, pH 7.5-8.5, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- SPECIFICITY: Does not react with mouse and rat
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1, kappa
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BCL2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bcl-2 Antibody: Bcl-2, PPP1R50, Apoptosis regulator Bcl-2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 596
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- This antibody recognizes a protein of 25-26kDa, identified as the Bcl-2 alpha oncoprotein. It shows no cross-reaction with Bcl-x or Bax. Expression of Bcl-2 alpha oncoprotein inhibits the programmed cell death (apoptosis). In most follicular lymphomas, neoplastic germinal centers express high levels of the protein, whereas the normal or hyperplastic germinal centers are negative. Consequently, Bcl-2 antibody is valuable when distinguishing between reactive and neoplastic follicular proliferation in lymph node biopsies. It may also be used in distinguishing between those follicular lymphomas that express Bcl-2 and the small number in which the neoplastic cells are negative.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 33-069
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.