- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: BCAR3 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human BCAR3.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of BCAR3.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: BCAR3 antibody can be used for detection of BCAR3 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least four isoforms of BCAR3 are known to exist; this antibody will only recognize the largest isoform. BCAR3 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other BCAR proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-401 - Human Kidney Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 91 kDa
- PURIFICATION: BCAR3 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: BCAR3 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: BCAR3 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BCAR3
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BCAR3 Antibody: NSP2, SH2D3B, NSP2, UNQ271/PRO308, Breast cancer anti-estrogen resistance protein 3, Novel SH2-containing protein 2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003558
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4502371
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8412
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- BCAR3 Antibody: Breast cancer anti-estrogen resistance 3 (BCAR3) was identified in the search for genes involved in the development of estrogen resistance. It contains a putative src homology 2 (SH2) domain and is partly homologous to the cell division cycle protein CDC48. BCAR3 is a binding partner with Cas, an adapter molecule that plays a role in cell proliferation, survival, cell adhesion, and mobility. BCAR3 functions synergistically with Cas to enhance Src activation and promote cell migration, and has been suggested to regulate Cas/Src association, Src kinase activity, and breast cancer adhesion signaling.
- 1: van Agthoven T, van Agthoven TL, Dekker A, et al. Identification of BCAR3 by a random search for genes involved in antiestrogen resistnace of human breast cancer cells. EMBO J. 1998; 17:2799-808.
- 2: Riggins RB, Quilliam LA, and Bouton AH. Synergistic promotion of c-Src activation and cell migration by Cas and AND-34/BCAR3. J. Biol. Chem. 2003; 278:28264-73.
- 3: Schuh NR, Guerrero MS, Schrecengost RS, et al. BCAR3 regulates Src/p130Cas association, Src kinase activity, and breast cancer adhesion signaling. J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285:2309-17.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6999
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin