- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%), Mouse: (81%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Bax antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the amino-terminus of human Bax.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of Bax.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, IP, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Bax antibody can be used for detection of Bax by Western blot at 1 to 4 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1209 - HL60 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-009 - HL-60 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: Bax Antibody is Ion exchange chromatography purified.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Bax Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Bax antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BAX
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Bax Antibody: BCL2L4, BCL2L4, Apoptosis regulator BAX, Bcl-2-like protein 4, Bcl2-L-4
- Protein Accession Number: AAA03619
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 388166
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 581
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Bax Antibody: Apoptosis plays a major role in normal organism development, tissue homeostasis, and removal of damaged cells. Disruption of this process has been implicated in a variety of diseases such as cancer. The Bcl-2 family of proteins is comprised of critical regulators of apoptosis that can be divided into two classes: those that inhibit apoptosis and those that promote cell death. Bax, a pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family member, is a cytosolic protein that changes conformation and translocates to the mitochondria following apoptotic stimuli. It is thought to share significant functional homology with Bak, another pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family member, as disruption of bax or bak has little effect on cell death, but mice lacking both genes display multiple developmental defects and cells lacking both show decreased apoptotic capability.
- 1: Lockshin RA, Osborne B, and Zakeri Z. Cell death in the third millennium. Cell Death Differ. 2000; 7:2-7.
- 2: Cory S, Huang DCS, and Adams JM. The Bcl-2 family: roles in cell survival and oncogenesis. Oncogene 2003; 22:8590-607.
- 3: Heiser D, Labi V, Erlacher M, et al. The Bcl-2 protein family and its role in the development of neoplastic disease. Exp. Geron. 2004; 39:1125-35.
- 4: Oltvai ZN, Milliman CL, and Korsmeyer SJ. Bcl-2 heterodimerizes in vivo with a conserved homolog, Bax, that accelerates programmed cell death. Cell 1993; 74:609-19.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3351
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin