- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-BAP31 antibody (3675) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the center of human BAP31.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 130 - 180 of BAP31.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.5-2 μg/mL; IHC: 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1462 - Rat Lung Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1223 - Caco-2 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 1282 - 3T3/NIH Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 28 or 34kD
Observed: 28 kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar BAP31 expression profile in human cell lines detected by two independent anti-BAP31 antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 3675 against central domain and 64-237, against recombinant protein. BAP31 proteins are detected in all tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
- ISOFORMS: Human BAP31 has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (246aa, 28kD) and isoform 2 (313aa, 35kD). Mouse BAP31 has one isoform (245aa, 28kD) and Rat BAP31 also has one isoform (245aa, 28kD). 3675 can detect human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: BAP31 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: BAP31 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: BAP31 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BCAP31
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BAP31 Antibody: CDM, DDCH, BAP31, 6C6-AG, DXS1357E, B-cell receptor-associated protein 31, 6C6-AG tumor-associated antigen, BCR-associated protein 31
- Protein Accession Number: NP_005736
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 32171186
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10134
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- BAP31 Antibody: Bap31 and the related protein Bap29 are endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and ER-vesicle membrane proteins and members of the B-cell receptor-associated protein family. These two proteins are highly homologous and can form homo- and heterodimers. Bap31 is thought to be involved in the intracellular trafficking of several molecules such as MHC Class I molecules and CD11b/CD18. Bap31 may also play a role in the initiation of ER stress-induced apoptosis through its association with caspase-8 via a death effector domain in its cytoplasmic tail, possibly through the promotion of membrane fragmentation and the release of cytochrome c from mitochondria. Bap31 itself contains two caspase cleavage sites and is cleaved during apoptosis. The p20 fragment of Bap31, when expressed ectopically, is also a potent inducer cell death.
- 1: Ng et al. J. Cell Biol.1997; 139:327-38.
- 2: Kim et al. EMBO J.1994; 13:3793-800.
- 3: Zen et al. J. Biol. Chem.2004; 279:44924-30.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3675
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.