- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (88%)
- IMMUNOGEN: BAP29 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human Bap29 Bap29 antibody is specific for isoform a of Bap29.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 130 - 180 of BAP29.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Bap29 antibody can be used for the detection of Bap29 by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1301 - Human Heart Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-501 - Human Heart Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: BAP29 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: BAP29 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: BAP29 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BCAP29
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BAP29 Antibody: BAP29, BAP29, B-cell receptor-associated protein 29, BCR-associated protein 29
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001008405
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 56549093
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 55973
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- BAP29 Antibody: Bap29 and the related protein Bap31 are endoplasmic reticulum (ER) and ER-vesicle membrane proteins and members of the B-cell receptor-associated protein family. These two proteins are highly homologous and can form homo- and heterodimers. Both Bap29 and Bap31 interact with membrane-bound immunoglobulins (mIgs), such as IgM and IgD, which with Ig-alpha/Ig-beta heterodimers form B cell antigen receptors. Binding of the Bap29/Bap31 heterodimer correlates with the ER retention of non-Ig-alpha/Ig-beta bound mIg complexes, suggesting that Bap29 and Bap31 may act as chaperones transmembrane regions of various proteins. Bap29 possesses multiple isoforms.
- 1: Kim KM, Adachi T, Nielsen PJ, et al. Two new proteins preferentially associated with membrane immunoglobulin D. EMBO J.1994; 13:3793-800.
- 2: Ng F, Nguyen M, Kwan T, et al. p28 BAP31, a Bcl-2/Bcl-XL- and procaspase-8-associated protein the endoplasmic reticulum. J. Cell Biol.1997; 139:327-38.
- 3: Schamel WW, Kuppig S, Becker B, et al. A high-molecular-weight complex of membrane proteins BAP29/BAP31 is involved in the retention of membrane-bound IgD in the endoplasmic reticulum. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA2003; 100:9861-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3667
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin