- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Sheep: (88%)
- IMMUNOGEN: BAMBI antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the center of human BAMBI.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 100 - 150 of BAMBI.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: BAMBI antibody can be used for detection of BAMBI by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: BAMBI antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1402 - Mouse Lung Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-101 - Human Lung Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 29 kDa
Observed: 26 kDa
- PURIFICATION: BAMBI antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: BAMBI antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: BAMBI antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BAMBI
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BMP and activin membrane-bound inhibitor homolog
- Protein Accession Number: NP_036474
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6912534
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25805
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- BAMBI (BMP and activin membrane-bound inhibitor homolog, NMA) is a membrane spanning glycoprotein that acts as a negative regulator of TGF-beta signaling during development (1). BAMBI transcription regulation is under the influence of beta-catenin, BMP, smad3 and smad4 (2,3). BAMBI expression can increase in colorectal and hepatocellular carcinomas relative to non-cancerous tissues (4). BAMBI is expressed at high levels during odontogenesis. BAMBI is coexpressed with Bmp-4 during early Xenopus embryogenesis and can be detected in poorly metastatic human melanoma cell lines (5).
- 1: Onichtchouk D, Chen YG, Dosch R, et al. Silencing of TGF-beta signalling by the pseudoreceptor BAMBI. Nature 1999; 401:480-5.
- 2: Yan X, Lin Z, Chen F, et al. Human BAMBI cooperates with Smad7 to inhibit transforming growth factor-beta signaling. J Biol. Chem. 2009; 284:30097-104.
- 3: Grotewold L, Plum M, Dildrop R, et al. Bambi is coexpressed with Bmp-4 during mouse embryogenesis. Mech. Dev. 2001; 100:327-30.
- 4: Fritzmann J, Morkel M, Besser D, et al. A colorectal cancer expression profile that includes transforming growth factor beta inhibitor BAMBI predicts metastatic potential. Gastroenterology 2009; 137:165-75.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7931
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin