- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: BAG-1 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the amino terminus of human BAG-1.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of BAG-1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: BAG-1 antibody can be used for the detection of BAG-1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1216 - PC-3 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1369 - Human Lymph node Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 11-521 - Human Lymphoid Tissue Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: BAG-1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: BAG-1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: BAG-1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BAG1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BAG-1 Antibody: HAP, BAG-1, RAP46, HAP, BAG family molecular chaperone regulator 1, Bcl-2-associated athanogene 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004314
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 124494251
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 573
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- BAG-1 Antibody: Bcl-2-associated athanogene 1 (BAG-1) was first identified as an anti-apoptotic bcl-2-binding protein. Later it was found to bind the molecular chaperones Hsp70 and Hsc70 through its carboxy-terminal sequence (termed the Bag domain), resulting in the inhibition of the refolding activity of these chaperones. It is thought that by binding and inhibiting these molecular chaperones, BAG-1is able to modulate the expression level of proteins requiring chaperones to fold correctly. One such group of proteins that are affected is glucocorticoid receptors. Other reports have suggested that the level of BAG-1 expression correlates with the aggressiveness of various cancers. Multiple isoforms of BAG-1 are known to exist.
- 1: Takayama S, Sato T, Kraweski K, et al. Cloning and functional analysis of BAG-1: a novel Bcl2-binding protein with anti-cell death activity. Cell 1995; 80:279-84.
- 2: Nollen EAA, Brunsting JF, Song J, et al. Bag1 functions in vivo as a negative regulator of Hsp70 chaperone activity. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2000; 20:1083-8.
- 3: Cato ACB and Mink S. BAG-1 family of cochaperones in the modulation of nuclear receptor action. J. Steroid Biochem. & Mol. Biol. 2001; 78:379-88.
- 4: Kajewska M, Turner BC, Shabaik A, et al. Expression of BAG-1 protein correlates with aggressive behavior of prostate cancers. Prostate 2006; 66:801-10.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3871
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin