- SPECIES: Human, Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: AVQGPEETVT QDCLQLIADS ETPTIQKGSY TFVPWLLSFK RGSALEEKEN KILVKETGYF FIYGQVLYTD KTYAMGHLIQ RKKVHVFGDE LSLVTLFRCI QNMPETLPNN SCYSAGIAKL EEGDELQLAI PRENAQISLD GDVTFFGALK LL
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by a mouse splenocyte survival assay. The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.5-2.0 µg/ml.
- PURITY: ≥ 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNFSF13B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: B cell Activating Factor belonging to the TNF family, TNFSF13B, TNFSF20, TALL-1, BLyS, THANK, ZTNF4
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10673
- BAFF, a member of the TNF family of ligands, is expressed in T cells, macrophages, monocytes and dendritic cells. BAFF is involved in stimulation of B and T cell function, and is an important survival and maturation factor for peripheral B cells. BAFF signals through three different TNF receptors, TACI, BCMA and BAFF-R. The human BAFF gene codes for a 285 amino acid type II transmembrane protein containing a 46 amino acid cytoplasmic domain, a 21 amino acid transmembrane domain, and a 218 amino acid extracellular domain. Recombinant Human soluble BAFF is a 152 amino acid polypeptide (17.0 kDa), which contains the TNF-like portion of the extracellular domain of BAFF.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-760
- Size: 5 ug
- List Price: $195.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805