- SPECIES: Human, Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The receptor-binding domain of human BAFF (aa 136-285) is fused at the N-terminus to the Fc portion of human IgG1.
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Rescues the production of mature follicular and marginal zone B cells. - in vitro: Addition of 1-100 ng/ml of Fc-BAFF induces B cell survival in a dose-dependent manner. - in vivo: Fc-BAFF treatment rescues mature B cell development in BAFF deficient mice. Mice are injected at day 0 with 100 ug Fc-BAFF i.v. and at day 14 with 50 ug Fc-BAFF i.p.
- PURITY: >95% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.01EU/ μg purified protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Contains PBS. Reconstitute with 100 μl sterile water.
- CONCENTRATION: 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 6 months after receipt when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNFSF13B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BLyS, TALL-1, CD257, B Cell Activating Factor, TNFSF13B, Tumor Necrosis Factor Ligand Superfamily Member 13B
- Protein Accession Number: Q9Y275
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 5730097
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10673
- BAFF is mainly produced by innate immune cells such as neutrophils, monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells, follicular dendritic cells. T cells, activated B cells, some malignant B cells and also non-lymphoid cells like astrocytes, synoviocytes and epithelial cells can also produce BAFF. BAFF binds three distinct receptors (BAFF-R, TACI and BCMA) expressed predominantly on B cells, although activated T cells also express BAFF-R. BAFF is a master regulator of peripheral B cell survival, and together with IL-6, promotes Ig class-switching and plasma cell differentiation. Besides its major role in B cell biology, BAFF co-stimulates activated T cells. Deregulated expression of BAFF leads to autoimmune disorders in mice. In humans, elevated levels of soluble BAFF have been detected in the serum of patients with various autoimmune diseases such as Sjoegren syndrome, Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), Multiple sclerosis (MS) and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). BAFF has also increased levels in some lymphoid cancers.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-301
- Size: 10 ug
- List Price: $390.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805