- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: BAFF Receptor antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to 15 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human BAFF Receptor The peptide sequence is identical between human and mouse origin.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of BAFF Receptor.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: BAFF Receptor antibody can be used for detection of BAFF Rexeptor by Western blot at 5 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse, and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1406 - Mouse Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1466 - Rat Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 1315 - Human Tonsil Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 5: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 20 kDa
- PURIFICATION: BAFF Receptor Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: BAFF Receptor Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: BAFF Receptor antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNFRSF13C
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BAFF Receptor Antibody: BAFFR, CD268, CVID4, BAFF-R, BROMIX, prolixin, BAFFR, BR3, Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 13C, B-cell-activating factor receptor
- Protein Accession Number: AAK91826
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 15208475
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 115650
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- BAFF Receptor Antibody: Members in the TNF superfamily regulate immune responses and induce apoptosis. A novel member in the TNF family was recently identified by several groups and designated BAFF, BLyS, TALL-1, THANK, and zTNF4. BAFF/BLyS was characterized as a B cell activator since it induced B cell proliferation and immunoglobulin secretion. Two receptors, TACI and BCMA, for BAFF were originally identified. A third receptor was identified recently and designated BAFF-R and BR3 for BLyS receptor 3. Unlike BCMA and TACI, which bind to BAFF and April, BAFF-R/BR3 is specific for BAFF and plays a predominant role in BAFF induced B cell development and survival. BAFF and its receptors are involved in B cell associated autoimmune diseases, and activate NF-κB and c-jun N-terminal kinase.
- 1: Moore PA, Belvedere O, Orr A, et al. BLyS: member of the tumor necrosis factor family and B lymphocyte stimulator. Science 1999;285:260-3
- 2: Schneider P, MacKay F, Steiner V, et al. BAFF, a novel ligand of the tumor necrosis factor family, stimulates B cell growth. J Exp Med 1999;189:1747-56
- 3: Shu HB, Hu WH, Johnson H. TALL-1 is a novel member of the TNF family that is down-regulated by mitogens. J Leukoc Biol 1999;65:680-3
- 4: Mukhopadhyay A, Ni J, Zhai Y, Yu GL, Aggarwal BB. Identification and characterization of a novel cytokine, THANK, a TNF homologue that activates apoptosis, nuclear factor-κB, and c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase. J Biol Chem 1999 ;274:15978-81
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3097
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.