- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: BAD (Phospho-Ser112) antibody was raised against a peptide sequence around phosphorylation site of serine 112 (H-S-S (p) -Y-P) derived from Human BAD.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Western Blot: 1:500~1:1000, Immunohistochemistry: 1:50~1:100
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody detects endogenous level of BAD only when phosphorylated at serine 112.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 23 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies were purified by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. Non-phospho specific antibodies were removed by chromatogramphy using non-phosphopeptide.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Antibody supplied in phosphate buffered saline (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store antibody at -20°C for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BAD
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BBC2, BCL2L8, ERBB, ERBB1, HER1, BBC6
- Protein Accession Number: NP_004313.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 10835069
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 572
- The protein encoded by BAD gene is a member of the BCL-2 family. BCL-2 family members are known to be regulators of programmed cell death. This protein positively regulates cell apoptosis by forming heterodimers with BCL-xL and BCL-2, and reversing their death repressor activity. Proapoptotic activity of this protein is regulated through its phosphorylation. Protein kinases AKT and MAP kinase, as well as protein phosphatase calcineurin were found to be involved in the regulation of this protein. Alternative splicing of this gene results in two transcript variants which encode the same isoform.
- 1: Zhang B, et al. (2004) . Mol Cell Biol. 24 (14): 6205-6214. Rice PL, et al. (2003) . Cancer Res. 63 (3): 616-620. Wang XQ, et al. (2001) . J Biol Chem. 276 (48): 44504-44511.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 79-134
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $325.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.