- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: BACE2 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human BACE2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of BACE2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: BACE2 can be used for detection of BACE2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples and Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1301 - Human Heart Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1401 - Mouse Heart Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 57 kDa
Observed: 66 kDa
- PURIFICATION: BACE2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: BACE2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: BACE2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BACE2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: BACE2 Antibody: ASP1, BAE2, DRAP, AEPLC, ALP56, ASP21, CDA13, CEAP1, UNQ418/PRO852, Beta-secretase 2, Aspartic-like protease 56 kDa, ASP1
- Protein Accession Number: AAF17078
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6561812
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25825
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- BACE2 Antibody: Accumulation of the amyloid-beta (Abeta) plaque in the cerebral cortex is a critical event in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease. Abeta peptide is generated by proteolytic cleavage of the beta-amyloid protein precursor (APP) at beta- and gamma-sites by proteases. The long-sought beta-secretase was recently identified by several groups independently and designated beta-site APP cleaving enzyme (BACE) and aspartyl protease 2 (Asp2). A BACE homolog was recently cloned and designated BACE2, Asp1, DRAP (for Down region aspartic protease), and memapsin 1. BACE2 also cleaves APP at beta-site and at a different site within Abeta. BACE2 locates on chromosome 21q22.3, the so-called ‘Down critical region', suggesting that BACE2 and Abeta may also contribute to the pathogenesis of Down syndrome.
- 1: Vassar R, et al. β-secretase cleavage of Alzheimer's amyloid precursor protein by the transmembrane aspartic protease BACE. Science 1999; 286:735-41.
- 2: Hussain I, et al. Identification of a novel aspartic protease (Asp 2) as β-secretase. Mol Cell Neurosci 1999; 14:419-27.
- 3: Sinha S, et al. Purification and cloning of amyloid precursor protein β-secretase from human brain. Nature 1999; 402:537-40.
- 4: Yan R, et al. Membrane-anchored aspartyl protease with Alzheimer's disease β-secretase activity. Nature 1999; 402:533-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 2247
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin