- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (100%), Mouse: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: B9D1 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human B9D1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 130 - 180 of B9D1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: B9D1 antibody can be used for detection of B9D1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of B9D1 are known to exist; this antibody will only recognize the longest isoform. B9D1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other DNAJC family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 - HEK293 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-010 - HEK293 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: B9D1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: B9D1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: B9D1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: B9D1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: B9D1 Antibody: B9, MKS9, EPPB9, MKSR1, B9 domain-containing protein 1, MKS1-related protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_056496
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 343478275
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 27077
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- B9D1 Antibody: Meckel syndrome (MKS) is an embryonic lethal, autosomal recessive disorder characterized by polycystic kidney disease, central nervous system defects, polydactyly and liver fibrosis. B9D1 is a B9 domain-containing protein, one of several that are involved in ciliogenesis. Alterations in expression of this gene have been found in a family with Meckel syndrome. B9D1, and its related protein B9D2, form a complex with MKS1, disruption of which causes MKS. B9D1 is thought to be required for normal hedgehog signaling, ciliogenesis, and ciliary protein localization.
- 1: Williams CL, Winkelbauer ME, Schafer JC, et al. Functional redundancy of the B9 proteins and nephocystins in Caenorhabditis elegans ciliogenesis. Mol. Biol. Cell 2008; 19:2154-68.
- 2: Hopp K, Heyer CM, Hommerding CJ, et al. B9D1 is revealed as a novel Meckel syndrome (MKS) gene by targeted exon-enriched next-generation sequencing and deletion analysis. Hum. Mol. Genet. 2011; 20:2524-34.
- 3: Dowdle WE, Robinson JF, Kneist A, et al. Disruption of a ciliary B9 protein complex causes Meckel syndrome. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 2011; 89:94-110.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6715
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin