- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: The extracellular domain of human B7-H4 (aa 29-258) is fused to the N-terminus of the Fc region of human IgG1.
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant proteins is for research use only.
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by the ablility to inhibit anti-CD3-induced proliferation of stimulated human T cells. Human T lymphocytes cultured for 72 hours with PHA were incubated for an additional 3 days in 96 well place coated with 500 ng/ml anti-CD3 and 10ug/ml human B7H4/Fc. The presence of human B7H4/Fc at 10ug/ml inhibited anti CD3 response by 30-50%. Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application.
- PURITY: >98% (SDS-PAGE).
Endotoxin level is less than 0.06EU/ μg protein (LAL test; Lonza).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: Lyophilized from 0.2um-filtered solution in PBS. Reconstitute with 100 μl sterile water. Add 1X PBS to the desired protein concentration.
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable for at least 1 year after receipt when stored at -20°C. Working aliquots are stable for up to 3 months when stored at -20°C.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: VTCN1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: V-set Domain-containing T Cell Activation Inhibitor 1, VTCN1, B7h.5, Immune Costimulatory Protein B7-H4, T Cell Costimulatory Molecule B7x, Protein B7S1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_078902
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 99028881
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 79679
- B7H4 is a B7 family member that negatively regulates T cell immunity by inhibiting of T cell proliferation, cytokine production, and cell cycle progression. In vitro, B7H4 inhibits CD4+ and CD8+ T cell proliferation, cytokine production, and generation of alloreactive cytotoxic T-cells (CTLs). In vivo, blockade of endogenous B7-H4 by specific monoclonal antibody promotes T cell responses. B7-H4 ia an important negative regulator of innate immunity through growth inhibition of neutrophils. B7-H4 is expressed on some tumor cancer cells. The role of B7-H4 in tumor progression may be to transform precancerous cells and then protect them from immunosurveillance.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 90-369
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $480.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805