- SPECIES: Mouse
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Val 38 - Lys 245
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for E, WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 25.6 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by its binding ability in a functional ELISA. Immobilized Mouse B7-1, His Tag at 2 ug/mL (100 uL/well) can bind Mouse CTLA-4, Fc Tag with a linear range of 0.12-0.5 ng/mL.
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
Endotoxin level is less than 1.0 EU per ug by the LAL method.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: B7-1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: CD80,B7,B7-1,B7.1,BB1,CD28LG,CD28LG1,LAB7
- Protein Accession Number: Q00609-1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 12519
- B7-1 and B7-2, together with their receptors CD28 and CTLA4, constitute one of the dominant co-stimulatory pathways that regulate T and Bcell responses. Although both CTLA4 and CD28 can bind to the same ligands, CTLA4 binds to B71 and B72 with a 20 100 fold higher affinity than CD28 and is involved in the downregulation of the immune response.B-lymphocyte activation antigen B7-1 (referred to as B7) also known as cluster of Differentiation 80 (CD80), is a member of cell surface immunoglobulin superfamily and is expressed on activated B cells, activated T cells, macrophages and dendritic cells. It is the ligand for two different proteins on the T cell surface: CD28 (for autoregulation and intercellular association) and CTLA-4 (for attenuation of regulation and cellular disassociation). CD80 works in tandem with CD86 to prime T cells. CD80 plays a role in induction of innate immune responses by activating NF-kappaB-signaling pathway in macrophages. CD80 is thus regarded as promising therapeutic targets for autoimmune diseases and various carcinomas.
- 1: Peach RJ., et al., 1995, J. Biol. Chem. (UNITED STATES) 270 (36): 21181–7.
- 2: Stamper CC., et al., 2001, Nature (England) 410 (6828): 608–11.
- 3: Bhatia S., et al., 2005, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 102: 15569-15574.
- 4: Khan N., et al., 2007, Int. Immunol. 19:477-486.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-969
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $380.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805