- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: CHO cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: VIHVTKEVKE VATLSCGHNV SVEELAQTRI YWQKEKKMVL TMMSGDMNIW PEYKNRTIFD ITNNLSIVIL ALRPSDEGTY ECVVLKYEKD AFKREHLAEV TLSVKADFPT PSISDFEIPT SNIRRIICST SGGFPEPHLS WLENGEELNA INTTVSQDPE TELYAVSSKL DFNMTTNHSF MCLIKYGHLR VNQTFNWNTT KQEHFPDNGG PKSCDKTHTC PPCPAPELLG GPSVFLFPPK PKDTLMISRT PEVTCVVVDV SHEDPEVKFN WYVDGVEVHN AKTKPREEQY NSTYRVVSVL TVLHQDWLNG KEYKCKVSNK ALPAPIEKTI SKAKGQPREP QVYTLPPSRD ELTKNQVSLT CLVKGFYPSD IAVEWESNGQ PENNYKTTPP VLDSDGSFFL YSKLTVDKSR WQQGNVFSCS VMHEALHNHY TQKSLSLSPG K
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to inhibit alkaline phosphatase activity in differentiating MC3T3/E1 cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.5-1.5 ug/ml.
- PURITY: ≥ 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: CD80
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: B7, BB1, CD80
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 941
- B7-1 and B7-2 are transmembrane glycoproteins of the immunoglobulin superfamily that are expressed, along with the receptors CD28 and CTLA-4, by antigen-presenting cells, and along with these receptors, constitute crucial co-stimulatory pathways for T and B cell regulatory responses. As members of the B7 family, B7-1 and B7-2 play principal roles in immunity, activating immune response and maintaining immune tolerance through engagement with CD28 and CTLA-4. Co-stimulatory signals generated by B7-1 and B7-2 interactions with CD28 serve to stimulate T cell activation and prevent anergy through the amplification of T cell receptor (TCR) signaling. In contrast, interactions of the ligands with CTLA-4 serves to maintain T cell homeostasis and self-tolerance through the disruption of stimulatory signaling from B7 isoform bound CD28 complexes, and by inducing powerful inhibitory signals in T cells. B7-1 plays an important role in immune response through its amplification and regulation of T cell activity at peripheral inflammation sites. B7-1, like CTLA-4, is, however, only poorly expressed on resting dendritic cells, and its up-regulation is, therefore, considerably delayed upon immune activation. Conversely, B7-2 and CD28 are constitutively expressed by resting hematopoietic and T cells, respectively, and as a result are able to rapidly induce up-regulation upon immune activation, making them critical to the early co-stimulatory singling of immune response. Both B7-1 and B7-2 have been shown to demonstrate co-stimulatory activity in T cell proliferation in vitro and elicit enhanced antitumor immune response in vivo. Recombinant Human B7-1Fc is a homodimeric B7-1 fusion protein, whose monomer contains a total of 441 amino acid residues, consisting of 211 amino acid residues corresponding to the extracellular domain of human B7-1, fused to the Fc portion of human IgG1. The calculated molecular weight of the B7-1 Fc monomer is 50.0 kDa.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-693
- Size: 20 ug
- List Price: $195.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin