- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Hamster
- IMMUNOGEN: This B4GALT2 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 290-318 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human B4GALT2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 42 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: B4GALT2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase 2, Beta-1,4-GalTase 2, Beta4Gal-T2, b4Gal-T2, 241-, UDP-Gal:beta-GlcNAc beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase 2, UDP-galactose:beta-N-acetylglucosamine beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase 2, Lactose synthase A protein, N-acetyllactosamine synthase, Nal synthase, Beta-N-acetylglucosaminylglycopeptide beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase, Beta-N-acetylglucosaminyl-glycolipid beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase, 241-, B4GALT2
- Protein Accession Number: O60909
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8704
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- B4GALT2 is one of type II membrane-bound glycoproteins that appear to have exclusive specificity for the donor substrate UDP-galactose; all transfer galactose in a beta1,4 linkage to similar acceptor sugars: GlcNAc, Glc, and Xyl. Each beta4GalT has a distinct function in the biosynthesis of different glycoconjugates and saccharide structures. As type II membrane proteins, they have an N-terminal hydrophobic signal sequence that directs the protein to the Golgi apparatus and which then remains uncleaved to function as a transmembrane anchor. By sequence similarity, the beta4GalTs form four groups: beta4GalT1 and beta4GalT2, beta4GalT3 and beta4GalT4, beta4GalT5 and beta4GalT6, and beta4GalT7. The enzyme synthesizes N-acetyllactosamine in glycolipids and glycoproteins. Its substrate specificity is affected by alpha-lactalbumin but it is not expressed in lactating mammary tissue.
- 1: Brockhausen, I., et al. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1790(10):1244-1257(2009)
- 2: Zhou, J., et al. J. Biochem. 143(4):547-554(2008)
- 3: Jiang, J., et al. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 358(1):41-46(2007)
- 4: Sasaki, N., et al. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 333(1):131-137(2005)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 63-963
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.