- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 50-215 of human B4GALT1 (NP_001488.2).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 1:500 - 1:2000
IHC: 1:50 - 1:100
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: LO2
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: HeLa
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: 22Rv1
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Observed: 55kDa
- PURIFICATION: Affinity purification
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.02% sodium azide, 50% glycerol, pH7.3.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: B4GALT1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase 1, Beta-1,4-GalTase 1, Beta4Gal-T1, b4Gal-T1, 241-, UDP-Gal:beta-GlcNAc beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase 1, UDP-galactose:beta-N-acetylglucosamine beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase 1, Lactose synthase A protein, N-acetyllactosamine synthase, Nal synthase, Beta-N-acetylglucosaminylglycopeptide beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase, Beta-N-acetylglucosaminyl-glycolipid beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase, 241-, Processed beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase 1, B4GALT1, GGTB2
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 2683
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- This gene is one of seven beta-1,4-galactosyltransferase (beta4GalT) genes. They encode type II membrane-bound glycoproteins that appear to have exclusive specificity for the donor substrate UDP-galactose; all transfer galactose in a beta1,4 linkage to similar acceptor sugars: GlcNAc, Glc, and Xyl. Each beta4GalT has a distinct function in the biosynthesis of different glycoconjugates and saccharide structures. As type II membrane proteins, they have an N-terminal hydrophobic signal sequence that directs the protein to the Golgi apparatus and which then remains uncleaved to function as a transmembrane anchor. By sequence similarity, the beta4GalTs form four groups: beta4GalT1 and beta4GalT2, beta4GalT3 and beta4GalT4, beta4GalT5 and beta4GalT6, and beta4GalT7. This gene is unique among the beta4GalT genes because it encodes an enzyme that participates both in glycoconjugate and lactose biosynthesis. For the first activity, the enzyme adds galactose to N-acetylglucosamine residues that are either monosaccharides or the nonreducing ends of glycoprotein carbohydrate chains. The second activity is restricted to lactating mammary tissues where the enzyme forms a heterodimer with alpha-lactalbumin to catalyze UDP-galactose + D-glucose <=> UDP + lactose. The two enzymatic forms result from alternate transcription initiation sites and post-translational processing. Two transcripts, which differ only at the 5' end, with approximate lengths of 4.1 kb and 3.9 kb encode the same protein. The longer transcript encodes the type II membrane-bound, trans-Golgi resident protein involved in glycoconjugate biosynthesis. The shorter transcript encodes a protein which is cleaved to form the soluble lactose synthase.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 23-651
- Size: 50 uL
- List Price: $300.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin