- HOST SPECIES: Chicken
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-B-raf antibody (5777) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 18 amino acids near the center of human B-raf.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 330 - 380 of B-raf.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.5-2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 94kD
Observed: 94 kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar B-raf expression profile in human and mouse cell lines detected by two independent anti-B-raf antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 5777 against central domain and 7379 against a slight different central domain. B-raf proteins are detected in the most tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
- ISOFORMS: Human B-raf has one isoform (766aa, 84kD). Mouse B-raf has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (804aa, 89kD) and isoform 2 (329aa, 37kD). Rat B-raf has one isoform (712aa, 80kD). 5777 can detect in human B-raf and mouse isoform 1.
- PURIFICATION: B-raf Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgY
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: B-raf Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: B-raf antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: BRAF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: B-raf Antibody: NS7, BRAF1, RAFB1, B-RAF1, Proto-oncogene B-Raf
- Protein Accession Number: P15056
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 50403720
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 673
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- B-raf Antibody: B-raf belongs to the raf/mil family of serine/threonine protein kinases and plays a role in regulating the MAP kinase/ERKs signaling pathway, which affects cell division, differentiation, and secretion. The Ras/Raf/MEK/ERK and Ras/PI3K/PTEN/Akt pathways interact with each other to regulate growth and in some cases tumorigenesis. Mutations in B-raf have been associated with several cancers, including non-Hodgkin lymphoma, colorectal cancer, malignant melanoma, thyroid carcinoma, non-small cell lung carcinoma, and adenocarcinoma of lung, leading to speculation on the possibility of B-raf as a therapeutic target for treating cancers. Mutations in this gene have also been associated with cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (CFCS), a disease characterized by heart defects, mental retardation and a distinctive facial appearance.
- 1: McCubrey et al. Biophys. Acta 2007; 1773:1263-84.
- 2: Madhunapantula and Robertsonet al. Cancer Res.2008; 68:5-8.
- 3: Sarkozy et al. Hum. Mutat.2009; 30:695-702.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5777
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.